Thursday, June 10, 2010

Federation Internationale de Football Association World Cup

For those who are not football (translation soccer) fans. This is putting you on notice that the FIFA World Cup has started. Toye's family is Nigerian so besides being a Supereagle fan I basically came out my mother's womb a Soccer fan. My Dad wouldn't have had it any other way. I played as a child, my brothers both played, my sister plays. Sadly my Dad's secret (not so secret) desire that one of us would play in a World Cup was never realized. (I while I had the speed needed to be a striker had issues actually striking! eh we all can't be Pele) Anyhow I encourage you all to watch. Many of you probably won't, but think about it this way. FOOTBALL is Big in EVERY OTHER country on Earth except the US. Don't you owe to yourself to see what you are missing? Per usual I will be watching late night replays of games that I miss while at work because I would never take an extra long lunch to catch a midday game (..................................) And for the ladies who read this blog if it helps. Soccer is probably the most physically demanding sport you can think of. You run for 90 minutes. Soccer players therefore are BUILT. I mean bodies are most definitely on point. Everyone swoons for Becks but Google Ronaldo, Oguchi Onyewu, Thierry Henry, Christiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba. Yummy!

No comments: