Friday, June 4, 2010

Random Rant From Toye




I have been Ghost yes I admit it I started a new job and have been easing in. I still love you blog.

So its Friday Night and I am boo'd up with some of my best friends: TVOne, my computer, and a cherry coke zero pondering some deep thoughts that I thought I would share:


1. Why Do Networks Who Rerun A Different World Even Bother Playing Season 1

Denise wasted her parents money and our time even trying to make a go at it that first semester at Hilman. Heifer should have just gone ahead and named herself Lilakoi Moon and ran off to South Africa or had Lenny Kravitz's child (who walks around looking as bohemian chic aka homeless as her mama). That season sucked! Thank goodness that Debbie Allen was able to save the show and make it a permanent part of my weeknights from 10-11p.

2. I Think I need To Start A Campaign for More Days Off

Now as a federal empployee I am glad that I will be getting more days off like Veteran's Day. (I thank all Veteran's but for your efforts I wowuld not now get two days off in November!) However, since this country refuses to acknowledge the need for a siesta (A TWO Hour period in many countries overseas where everything just shuts down so people can go home and have a meal or otherwise what they do at a certain HBCU that shall remain unnamed whenever I needed my transcripts) I have a plan for more off days. See I figure Jesus was a Jew, so by default us Christians should also get Rosh Hoshannah, Yom Kippor and Passover off too!! Thats three whole days!! Isn't their some kind of implicit holiday acceptance? Imagine if I ceould take Hannakah week off! A whole week! Then Christmas and then tack on Kwanzaa (I mean they say Jesus's hair was like lambs wool) Thats 3 weeks for holiday. Think about it. Begin writing letters to Obama.

3. BP is somehow shocked that Their Capping the Hole did not Work.

One year- I wasn't older than 7- I was at a friend of my parents house. It was the eighties so while the parents chatted downstairs, probably a little older than I am now, we kids unsupervised roamed around upstairs. Again it being the eighties, they had a waterbed. Well between our game of tag and kickball....you guessed it we caused a tear in the bed. (Who sleeps on a waterbed for real!) So us being oh so smart thought we could duct tape the hole and stop the leak. Well flash forward 1 hour to six children aged 6-11 fresh off a spankings (this was the eighties were this the present I would have just said receiving disciplanary action) from their respective parents staring at the two new leaks that broke through the bed as the preasure from the duct tape was too much. So when I heard BP was creating a cap for the freaking one month old leak in the ocean I shook my damn head and knew that was not going to work. Someone please Whoop oops Disciplane BP. That hole is capped and still leaking out the sides. DUH.


Lol hopefully you are not reading this until Saturday Morning after enjoying your Friday night out while I start this second episode of A Different World.

No comments: